Please note, should you switch countries, you will lose the contents of your cart.
Please choose your region:
Leather bags and accessories are organic artefacts that do change over time. This is part of their attraction. They respond to regular maintenance to keep them in top shape and increase their longevity.
– The general principle is simple: remove dirt build-up by wiping down with a cleaner made specifically for the leather in question.
– Every other day, give your bag a brisk sweep with a soft dry cloth—this won’t take more than a few minutes, but will go miles towards preserving the appearance of your leather.
– Calf hair bags – can be wiped with a moist cloth to loosen hard to shift dirt and brushed with a soft brush in the direction of the hair. Please note that just like a living cow, the hair will rub off when constantly rubbed against a hard surface such as your body. Please treat these bags with extra care and use on rotation for longevity.
– Think of conditioning as moisturizer for your leather, which will dry out over time. To prevent flaking and wrinkling, dab a dollop of conditioner on a soft cloth and rub gently all over.
– Condition every month or so to keep your leather looking its shiny best.
NB: Please test on an inconspicuous patch first to see if there is any discoloration caused.
– Leather is permeable and can never be entirely waterproof, so avoid toting your favorite in bad weather. Nonetheless, there are beeswax creams which function as a barrier against water.
– Word of caution: beeswax may alter the hue of dyed leather, so test first on an inconspicuous corner.
– A more breathable but less effective alternative: a spray protectant, which is virtually invisible on your bags.
– Stash your bag in its original dust bag and fill it with stuffing—use plain paper, never newspaper, which will smear— to maintain its shape.
– Keep the dust bagged product in a dry place with plenty of air circulation so it doesn’t get damp.
– Air once every two weeks to halt the growth of mold.
– Rotation is key. Everyday use of your bag will wear it out, so switch things up every month.
– Let water spills dry naturally. High-heat measures like using a hairdryer will only cause the skin to crinkle beyond salvage.
– Prevent color transfer by consciously resisting the urge to rest your bag against your jeans as colour transfer is not a reason for a refund.
Cecily Clune recommends the use of ‘Bag Butler’ by Murchison-Hume for regular maintenance.
Cecily Clune operates using Australian Consumer Law guidelines for repair, refund and replacement.
Returns, exchanges and refunds must be made within 14 days from date of purchase. Change of mind is not an acceptable reason for refund. The absolute discretion of Cecily Clune Melbourne will be used to determine whether a refund, repair or replacement is given. Satisfactory proof of purchase must be included with the return and the item must be in a saleable condition (i.e. the original tags and labels are still attached, the item is in its original packaging (if any) and the item is unworn, unused and as sold. Returned items that are damaged, soiled or altered in any way will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer at their expense.
No exchanges or returns are issued for SALE items except in the case of faulty goods.
Please return your goods to the place of purchase and they will discuss the return, refund or exchange.